Oriental Trading - Broken and poor quality, never sent return shipping labels
Wow! I can't say enough about this company! Wish I could start with zero stars, but here goes.
I ordered one of their swan planters, looked like the one I bought from BIG LOTs a few years ago. Mine is beautiful. sturdy and white and perfect. My friend always admired it.
The swan from Oriental Trading arrived, with something rattling in the box. Sure enough, it was broken, so not white and very light weight, not sturdy. Obviously easily broken, not good for a planter. I had ordered it to give to my friend for her birthday in two weeks, it took a week to arrive. Obviously I was going to be embarrassed by the poor quality, but it was the only one I could find. AND! It cost twice as much as the one I got from BIG LOTS! $50.00 plus shipping!
I called customer service and they said they would get another one right out, and they did, in time for the birthday. BUT, it was such poor quality, places on it had been badly patched, little chunks were missing, it was a mess.
So I called again. They said I had to return the two in order to get a credit, fine of course but where is the shipping label you promised. OH, we sent it out 5 days ago. Which address did you send it to, since the billing address is different from the shipping address. They did not know. Well it is important since the swans are not at the billing address, which is located two hours away, they are at the shipping address.
Fifteen more days go by, no labels. I call again, they said they sent the labels, where did you send them? To the billing address .Why would you do that since they are still at the ship to address and I already told you that twice. We do not know since we are not the ones to send the labels. Can't you talk to them and make sure they get it right? No, we have no way to do that. Seriously?
They also sent a $20.00 off coupon to compensate for the mess. Guess where they sent that?
I asked to speak to the manager, oh she is not available.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Swan Planter
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "A man from JAFLO co. came up our 400 foot driveway/road, ignoring our signs! Handed me a paper folder, more tree cutting! He said we will be coming onto your..."
- "Carl the manager does not care about his residential clients. After 2 weeks of saying my lawn was dead, the manager, Carl, finally came out. He told me..."
- "I ordered 4 bags of Pastel Pink Sparkle Chocolate-Covered Almonds @ $10 each. Received quickly however when I opened it 75% of each bag was crushed and sum melted. I..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "There's a new Petition to the Federal Trade Commission on eBay's secret policies and illegal business practices in violation of their own User Agreement and Fair Trade Laws. The petition..."
- "I recently signed up with contractors 411, despite the negative reviews we uncovered, we were convinced otherwise. I contacted the main supervisor and asked if their was any way for..."
- "I bought 2 magic jacks for $80.00,about 2-3 wks ago they dont work. ..."