Oriental Trading - Broken and poor quality, never sent return shipping labels
Wow! I can't say enough about this company! Wish I could start with zero stars, but here goes.
I ordered one of their swan planters, looked like the one I bought from BIG LOTs a few years ago. Mine is beautiful. sturdy and white and perfect. My friend always admired it.
The swan from Oriental Trading arrived, with something rattling in the box. Sure enough, it was broken, so not white and very light weight, not sturdy. Obviously easily broken, not good for a planter. I had ordered it to give to my friend for her birthday in two weeks, it took a week to arrive. Obviously I was going to be embarrassed by the poor quality, but it was the only one I could find. AND! It cost twice as much as the one I got from BIG LOTS! $50.00 plus shipping!
I called customer service and they said they would get another one right out, and they did, in time for the birthday. BUT, it was such poor quality, places on it had been badly patched, little chunks were missing, it was a mess.
So I called again. They said I had to return the two in order to get a credit, fine of course but where is the shipping label you promised. OH, we sent it out 5 days ago. Which address did you send it to, since the billing address is different from the shipping address. They did not know. Well it is important since the swans are not at the billing address, which is located two hours away, they are at the shipping address.
Fifteen more days go by, no labels. I call again, they said they sent the labels, where did you send them? To the billing address .Why would you do that since they are still at the ship to address and I already told you that twice. We do not know since we are not the ones to send the labels. Can't you talk to them and make sure they get it right? No, we have no way to do that. Seriously?
They also sent a $20.00 off coupon to compensate for the mess. Guess where they sent that?
I asked to speak to the manager, oh she is not available.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Swan Planter
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "Met with sales person April of 2016 and walked the yard. Assured me they'd take care of everything we were seeing and my lawn would look terrific. Extremely quick to..."
- "I call DiMeo fruit farms looking for Star blueberry plants but i wanted organic since i live down south thats what they grow here. I talked to the owner Anthony..."
- "When I originally started, I had a beautiful lawn and with my age creeping up, I thought I would hire TruGreen after a sales person made all of these false..."
- "Bought a consigned Roche Bobois sofa at The Estate Sale Consignment store in Palm Springs this past season (winter 2014). It was a beautiful small sofa that appeared to be..."
- "Carl's Jr. / Sunrise Way / Palm Springs, Ca. ...I returned to my home, took out the burger, and noticed that there was no, grilled onions, no lettuce, AND ONE..."
- "There's a new Petition to the Federal Trade Commission on eBay's secret policies and illegal business practices in violation of their own User Agreement and Fair Trade Laws. The petition..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."